When you are an entrepreneur who owns a vehicle, a factory engine, or a shipping tool, it will be very important for you to know when the right time to replace the old engine oil with the new engine oil. This is very important for you to know in order to support the benefits of engine oil such as:
- Vibration dampening that occurs between the piston, piston rod, with the crankshaft so that the sound produced by the engine will sound smoother and not noisy.
- Preventing marches that occur on the engine or other parts of the engine as a result of interacting with air or water.
- Clean the crust or dirt created by friction between the engine components.
- Reducing friction between engine components so that the engine components will not wear out quickly. In addition, engine oil can also act as a coolant from the heat process that occurs during fuel combustion in the engine.
The benefits of this engine oil need to be supported by the appropriate engine oil change technique and the right time. Therefore, when changing engine oil, pay attention to several things such as:
The Type of Oil Used
When it's time for you to change engine oil, choose one type of oil that is used regularly by making sure that the oil used is quality oil. One thing you need to understand, if you have used a particular type of engine oil, it would be better if you do not change engine oil with other types, because this might make the engine durable because the engine needs to adapt its strength to the type new engine oil is given.
The Appropriate Time to Change Engine Oil
The second thing to note is knowing the appropriate time to change engine oil. Related to this there are several things that can be done such as:
- Engine oil can be replaced when you have checked using a clean bottle for oil sampling. You can check first how the quality of the oil in the laboratory before replacing it with a new one. For a businessman, the use of clean bottles is also not allowed to be careless because you have to use a bottle that actually functions for oil sampling and is usually obtained from a trusted tester tool company.
- When dealing with vehicle engines (cars, motorcycles) or transportation equipment (ships, planes, trains), pay attention to the type of oil used because generally each oil has a specific standard when to be updated. For example for oil used for new motorcycles, sometimes engine oil must be replaced when it reaches 2500km. If analogous to time, generally the vehicle must be replaced by engine oil every 3-4 months.
How to Change Oil
When changing oil, both on plant machinery and vehicles, you must pay attention to the correct oil change method to avoid leakage or damage to the engine. In general, when making oil changes, you can do a number of things such as:
1. Do not use high pressure wind spray to clean the remaining oil inside the engine valve, because it can accidentally make the dirt that sticks to the filter spread over the engine area.
2. Replace the engine oil ring every time updating engine oil to prevent the risk of leakage that might occur.
3. Do not open the oil drain bolt by force and in hot conditions so that the locking bolt part is not damaged.